We want to promote the keeping of wild strains of Xiphophorus (platies and swordtails) and build a network of breeders to support the conservation of these amazing fish.
Meeting in Slovenia !!!
10th European Convention of the Goodeid Working Group, 2.-3.6.2023, held together with the Xiphophorus Working Group
Talks on Saturday:
● Yoğurtçuoğlu, Baran: Freshwater fishes and habitats in peril: Insights from Western Asia
● Marčić, Zoran: Management and conservation action plans for the strictly protected Leuciscid species Telestes polylepis and karsticus
● Radax, Erwin: The Xiphophorus species of the Coatzacoalcos river drainage
● Kölzer, Rafael: Experiences of keeping Goodeids in Portugal – from a Rookie’s point of view
● De Graaf, Arjan: Successful breeding of liveberarers in a low-tech environment
● Friedrich, Torsten & Vrbančič, Jože: The Allotoca – Mesa Central project: development and challenges
● Domínguez Domínguez, Omar: Reintroduction of Zoogeneticus tequila and Skiffia francesae
All details are available on this link.
Another new section of our website: ARTICLES in the top menu!
And our first interview with Xiphophorus breeder: Dávid Urbányi. Enjoy photos from his aquariums and Mexican biotopes!
The next big meeting of Goodeid Working Group and Xiphophorus Working Group will take place in Leipzig, Germany on 29.9.-1.10.2023 together with the meeting of VDA–AK Lebendgebärende Aquarienfische.
If you want to make sure you will not miss any important info, subscribe to our mailing list.
New sections of our website: SPECIES and BIOTOPES – see the top menu!
There is only one species profile and one biotope report so far. Join our working group and help us collect information and photos. Thank you!
Important article about the 1st European Xipho census written by Kees de Jong – read it here!
The joint meeting of Goodeid Working Group and Xiphophorus Working Group took place in Vienna on 27.-29.5.2022. Information about progress we’ve made and upcoming activities has been sent to all who subscribed to our mailing list.
Work with us
Everything about xiphos
You can contribute to our shared information library and exchange experiences, husbandry tips, photos, reports from collection trips etc.
Contact us if you are willing to help us! email@example.com
We are working on the content of this website.
If you want to be informed about the progress and plans of the Xiphophorus working group, subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Facebook: